BBA - Legal Studies Concentration
Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Legal Studies program is designed to provide students with a strong business education base. Students also have the chance to learn about the various components that help drive businesses; an emphasis is placed on laws and legal proceedings. Read more about this flexible online program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Legal Studies
School Offering Program:
Interested individuals may have strong interpersonal and communicative abilities. They should also have an interest in business and the law. Applicants to Strayer University should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent; however, graduate or specialized programs may have additional requirements.
The Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Legal Studies program is designed to provide students with skills in marketing, fiscal analysis, budgeting, and management. The business core is designed to integrate a capstone course that emphasizes policy analysis and strategic management practices. Within the concentration area, students have the ability to examine laws and cases specific to civil as well as individual and business criminal proceedings. In addition, the curriculum is intended to teach students about legal research, investigative techniques, and trial support strategies. Students will also have the chance to learn about court procedures, including legal pleadings, discovery procedures, and motions.
Online and Campus-Based
Total Credits Required:
Students enrolled in Strayer University may be eligible for federal grants and loans, employer tuition assistance, military benefits, state grants, institutional scholarships, and private loans.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Legal Studies:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Strayer University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Area I - Core Component (27 credits)
- ACC 100: Accounting I
- BUS 100: Introduction to Business
- BUS 107: Fundamentals of E-Business
- CIS 105: Introduction to Information Systems
- ENG 115: English Composition
- MAT 105: Introduction to College Mathematics
Area II - Major Component (27 credits)
- BUS 302: Principles of Management
- BUS 309: Business Ethics
- ECO 100: Principles of Economics
- FIN 100: Principles of Finance
- LEG 100: Business Law I
- MKT 100: Principles of Marketing
Area II - Concentration Component (27 credits)
- BUS 499: Business Administration Capstone
- LEG 107: Introduction to Paralegal Studies
- LEG 110: Civil and Criminal Procedure
- LEG 200: White Collar Crime in Government, Business, and Labor OR LEG 205 Corporate and Partnership Law
- LEG 215: Legal Research and Writing
- LEG 300: Tort Law
Area III - General Studies Component (54 credits)
- ENG 215: Research and Writing
- ENG 240: Communication for Business and the Professions
- HUM 100: Introduction to Art, Music, and Literature
- HUM 101: The Origins of Western Culture
- HUM 200: Logic
- HUM 400: Religion and Philosophy
- MAT 300: Statistics
- POL 300: Contemporary International Problems OR ECO 405: Economic Problems and Issues
- PSY 100: The Individual and Society OR PSY 105: Introduction to Psychology
- SCI 110: Introduction to Physical Science OR SCI 115: Introduction to Biology
- SOC 100: Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 300: Sociology of Developing Countries
Area IV - Elective Component (45 credits)
Students attending Strayer University New Jersey campuses must complete five elective courses from the following fields: economics, English, foreign languages, history, humanities, mathematics, political science, psychology, science, or sociology. Furthermore, with the number of elective courses available, students have the opportunity to obtain an academic minor.
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Legal Studies program could decide to pursue a Juris Doctor, which is a professional law degree. Others could opt to further explore the business field by enrolling in a related master's degree program. At the graduate level, students could also specialize in a particular business subfield, such as marketing, finance, or economics.
Examples of master's degrees that graduates could seek include, but are not limited to:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Master of Legal Studies
Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Legal Studies program is designed to develop students' critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. Graduates of this program could seek employment with large and small businesses, social service agencies, insurance companies, not-for-profit organizations, or banks. They could also choose to go into business for themselves.
Job titles that graduates could be able to pursue include:
- Office manager
- Marketing account representative
- Insurance sales agent
- Legal assistant
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.