BS in Health Administration - Health Management
The University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Health Administration with a concentration in Health Management program is designed to prepare students to assume management positions within the health-care industry. Read more about the Bachelor of Science in Health Administration with a concentration in Health Management program here.
To speak to an enrollment counselor, please call 1-877-619-2631
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Health Administration with a concentration in Health Management
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
Bachelor of Science
Students seeking to enroll in the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Health Administration with a concentration in Health Management program should have already earned a high school diploma. They should also have an interest in performing administrative duties within many types of health-care settings.
The University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Health Administration with a concentration in Health Management program provides students with the opportunity to develop management and leadership skills relevant to the field of health care. Concentration coursework focuses on community health, health-care regulation and compliance, health-care policies, and health-care facility planning. Foundational courses introduce students to communication strategies, ethics, information systems, research, and financing in health care. A capstone course summarizing the educational experience is taken after all other courses in the program have been completed.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org).
Online and On-campus
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Health Administration with a Concentration in Health Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- GEN 200: Foundations for General Education and Professional Success (3 credits)
- HCS 212: Health Care Vocabulary (3 credits)
- HCS 235: Health Care Delivery in the United States (3 credits)
- HCS 245: Introduction to Health and Disease (3 credits)
- HCS 320: Health Care Communication Strategies (6 credits)
- HCS 325: Health Care Management (3 credits)
- HCS 335: Health Care Ethics and Social Responsibility (3 credits)
- HCS 341: Human Resources in Health Care (3 credits)
- HCS 483: Health Care Information Systems (3 credits)
- HCS 490: Health Care Consumer - Trends and Marketing (3 credits)
- HCS 405: Health Care Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- HCS 440: Economics: The Financing of Health Care (3 credits)
- HCS 465: Health Care Research Utilization (3 credits)
- HCS 451: Health Care Quality Management and Outcomes Analysis (3 credits)
- HCS 457: Public and Community Health (3 credits)
- HCS 430: Legal Issues in Health Care: Regulation and Compliance (3 credits)
- HCS 475: Leadership and Performance Development (3 credits)
- HCS 455: Health Care Policy: The Past and the Future (3 credits)
- HCS 446: Facility Planning (3 credits)
- HCS 449: Health Administration Capstone (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Health Administration with a concentration in Health Management program can go on to earn a master's degree. Completion of a master's degree could help students learn more about health administration, health management, and health services. A master's degree may also allow graduates to assume greater responsibilities in the health-care field or pursue more advanced employment opportunities.
Master's degrees graduates can pursue include but are not limited to:
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Health Care Management
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Call 1-877-619-2631 to speak with an enrollment counselor or complete the form. Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.
The University's Central Administration is located at 1625 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85282-2371. Online Campus: 3157 E. Elwood St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
© 2013 University of Phoenix, Inc. All rights reserved.