BS in Business - Accounting
The University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Accounting program is designed to teach students about fundamental concepts in accountancy. Learn more about the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Accounting program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration* in Accounting
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
Students should have earned a high school diploma or the equivalent. Work experience in the business field is a plus but not required.
Students enrolled in the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Accounting program take courses in different areas of accounting, including cost accounting, financial accounting, and auditing. The program is designed to lead into a Master of Science in Accounting program, which could ultimately lead to eligibility for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. In addition to taking six accounting courses, students take general business classes that are designed to help them better understand how businesses are run.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org).
Online and On-campus
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
120 credits (124 credits for Kansas students).
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
*Maryland residents completing this program will earn a Bachelor of Science in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business with a Concentration in Accounting:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Business foundation courses
- GEN 300: Skills for Professional Development (3 credits)
- ECO 212: Principles of Economics (3 credits)
- BIS 219: Business Information Systems (3 credits)
- MGT 216: Organizational Ethics and Social Responsibility (3 credits)
- ACC 280: Principles of Accounting (3 credits)
- COM 285: Business Communications (3 credits)
- MGT 330: Management: Theory, Practice, and Application (3 credits)
- MGT 307: Organizational Behavior and Group Dynamics (3 credits)
- MGT 350: Critical Thinking Strategies in Decision Making (3 credits)
- RES 341: Research and Evaluation I (3 credits)
- RES 342: Research and Evaluation II (3 credits)
- FIN 370: Finance for Business (3 credits)
- BUS 415: Business Law (3 credits)
- MKT 421: Marketing (3 credits)
- BUS 475: Integrated Business Topics (3 credits)
- ACC 281: Financial Accounting Transaction Analysis (3 credits)
- ACC 349: Cost Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 421: Intermediate Financial Accounting I (3 credits)
- ACC 422: Intermediate Financial Accounting II (3 credits)
- ACC 423: Intermediate Financial Accounting III (3 credits)
- ACC 490: Auditing (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Accounting program could pursue master's degrees in accounting. Earning a Master of Science in Business with a concentration in Accounting could qualify graduates for the CPA exam. State requirements vary, and students should check with state agencies before pursuing master's degree programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete and get your answers & advice.
The University's Central Administration is located at 1625 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85282-2371. Online Campus: 3157 E. Elwood St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
© 2013 University of Phoenix, Inc. All rights reserved.