BS in Management
The University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Management program is designed to teach management skills for business and other workplace environments. Learn more about the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Management here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Management
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
Bachelor of Science
Applicants to this undergraduate business program are adult learners with prior management experience. Students are encouraged to use their professional knowledge and skills in areas such as productivity and communication.
Students enrolled in the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Management program have the opportunity to learn about general management skills and positions. Coursework covers topics such as accounting, critical thinking and decision-skills, finance, business law, management, marketing, organizational behavior, research and evaluation, and technology.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org)
Online and On-campus
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
Students must complete 120 total credits, which includes 15 credits in the management concentration and other business and elective requirements.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Business foundation courses
- GEN 200: Foundations for General Education and Professional Success (3 credits)
- BCOM 275: Business Communications and Critical Thinking (3 credits)
- BIS 220: Introduction to Computer Applications and Systems (3 credits)
- MGT 230: Management Theory and Practice (3 credits)
- ACC 290: Principles of Accounting I (3 credits)
- ACC 291: Principles of Accounting II(3 credits)
- RES 351: Business Research (3 credits)
- ETH 316: Ethics and Social Responsibility (3 credits)
- MGT 311: Organizational Development (3 credits)
- ECO 372: Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- LAW 421: Contemporary Business Law (3 credits)
- ECO 365: Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- FIN 370: Finance for Business (3 credits)
- MKT 421: Marketing (3 credits)
- QNT 351: Quantitative Analysis for Business (3 credits)
- BUS 475: Integrated Business Topics (3 credits)
Management concentration courses
- PHL 458: Creative Minds and Critical Thinking (3 credits)
- MGT 498: Strategic Management (3 credits)
- BSB/M Concentration Electives
- HRM 300: Fundamentals of Human resource Management (3 credits)
- HRM 326: Employee Development (3 credits)
- LDR 300: Innovative Leadership (3 credits)
- MGT 360: Green and Sustainable Enterprise Management (3 credits)
- MGT 411 Innovative and Creative Business Thinking (3 credits)
- MGT 426: Managing Change in the Workplace (3 credits)
- OI 361: Innovation, Design, and Creativity for a Competitive Advantage (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Management program could pursue advanced education at the master's degree level. Master's degrees that graduates could pursue include but are not limited to:
- Master of Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Public Administration
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete and get your answers & advice.
The University's Central Administration is located at 1625 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85282-2371. Online Campus: 3157 E. Elwood St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
© 2013 University of Phoenix, Inc. All rights reserved.