The University of Phoenix Doctor of Business Administration degree program is designed for learners interested in becoming business leaders and managers. Learn more about the University of Phoenix Doctor of Business Administration program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
Learners interested in applying to the University of Phoenix Doctor of Business Administration program should already hold a graduate degree in business, management, or administration. They must have a minimum 3 years of professional experience, current access to a work environment and current or a record of past employment in a leadership position.
The University of Phoenix Doctor of Business Administration program may include instruction in organizational behavior, marketing, research methods, and leadership strategies. The program includes a research component, giving learners the opportunity to complete original research and write a dissertation. Learners can begin developing their dissertation during a 3-day residency and continue working on it throughout the program.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org). The Doctor of Business Administration program is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (acbsp.org).
Online, plus brief residencies in select cities throughout the duration of the program. Please contact a University Enrollment Advisor for details.
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- COM 705: Communication Strategies (1 credit)
- SEM 700R: Doctoral Program Orientation Seminar (0 credits)
- LDR 711: Transformational Leadership and Innovation (3 credits)
- PHL 700R: Creative and Critical Thinking (3 credits)
- RES 711: Fundamental Principles of Sound Research (3 credits)
- FIN 711: Financial Measures of Value Added (3 credits)
- ORG 711: 21st Century Issues in Organizational Behavior I (3 credits)
- MGT 711: Strategic Opportunities in an Internet-based Global Economy (3 credits)
- MKT 711: Marketing and Managing the Customer Relationship (3 credits)
- DOC 721R: Doctoral Seminar I (2 credits)
- RES 721: Research Methods II (3 credits)
- DOC 722: Doctoral Seminar II (3 credits)
- LDR 721: Ethical Leadership and the Legal Landscape (3 credits)
- BUS 721: Issues in Optimizing Operations (3 credits)
- MGT 721: Managing the Risks in a Global Environment (3 credits)
- ORG 721: 21st Century Issues in Organizational Behavior II (3 credits)
- DOC 731R: Collaborative Case Study (3 credits)
- DOC 732R: Doctoral Seminar III (2 credits)
- LDR 731: Contemporary Issues in Leadership (3 credits)
- BUS 731: Transforming the Business I (3 credits)
- BUS 732: Transforming the Business II (3 credits)
- DOC 733: Doctoral Dissertation (3 credits)
- DOC 734: Doctoral Project IV (3 credits)
- DOC 740R: Annual Renewal Residency (0 credits)
- This course is required for learners who have not completed their dissertation within 12 months of completing all coursework.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.
The University's Central Administration is located at 1625 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85282-2371. Online Campus: 3157 E. Elwood St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
© 2013 University of Phoenix, Inc. All rights reserved.