DM in Organizational Leadership
The University of Phoenix Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership degree program is designed for learners to explore the possibility of becoming leaders in their professions or current organizations. Learn more about the Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
The University of Phoenix Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership program is designed for current workers who are looking to advance in their profession. Applicants to University of Phoenix's Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership program should have already earned a master's degree and have professional experience in the field.
Learners enrolled in the University of Phoenix Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership program have the opportunity to improve their leadership skills through the study of leadership and gain hands-on experience through residencies. The program is designed for learners who have already earned a professional master's degree in their field of interest. Learners then have the opportunity to learn and practice the skills they may need to lead or manage organizations within their profession.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org).The Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (acbsp.org).
Online, plus brief residencies in select cities throughout the duration of the program. Please contact a University Enrollment Advisor for details.
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- COM 705: Communication Strategies (1 credit)
- SEM 700R: Doctoral Program Orientation Seminar (0 credits)
- LDR 711A: Leadership Theories and Practice (3 credits)
- PHL 700R: Creative and Critical Thinking (3 credits)
- PHL 717: Constructing Meaning (3 credits)
- PHL 716: Knowledge of Theory and Practice (3 credits)
- RES 711: Fundamental Principles of Sound Research (3 credits)
- ORG 716: Organizational Theory and Design (3 credits)
- DOC 721R: Doctoral Seminar I (2 credits)
- MGT 716: Management Philosophies (3 credits)
- LDR 726: The Dynamics of Group and Team Leadership (3 credits)
- ORG 726: The Impact of Technology on Organizations (3 credits)
- DOC 722: Doctoral Seminar II (3 credits)
- DOC 731R: Collaborative Case Study (3 credits)
- DOC 732R: Doctoral Seminar III (2 credits)
- MGT 726: Emerging Managerial Practices (3 credits)
- ORG 727: Organizational Diagnosis and Intervention (3 credits)
- DOC 733: Doctoral Dissertation (3 credits)
- PHL 736: Political Acumen and Ethics (3 credits)
- MGT 736: Contemporary Systems Management (3 credits)
- LDR 736: The Architecture of Leadership (3 credits)
- DOC 734: Doctoral Project IV (3 credits)
- DOC 740R: Annual Renewal Residency (0 credits)
- Only required for learners who have not completed their dissertation within 12 months of completing all coursework.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete and get your answers & advice.
The University's Central Administration is located at 1625 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85282-2371. Online Campus: 3157 E. Elwood St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
© 2013 University of Phoenix, Inc. All rights reserved.