MA in Ed - Elementary Teacher Education - Early Childhood
Students enrolled in the University of Phoenix Master of Arts in Education/Elementary Teacher Education-Early Childhood program have the opportunity to pursue early childhood teaching positions. Read more about the University of Phoenix Master of Arts in Education/Elementary Teacher Education-Early Childhood program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Arts in Education/Elementary Teacher Education-Early Childhood
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
Master of Arts
Students interested in the University of Phoenix Master of Arts in Education/Elementary Teacher Education-Early Childhood degree program should hold a bachelor's degree in an area other than education. Students are required to have a minimum 3 years of post-high school or volunteer work experience and current access to a work environment. They may have some experience in preschools or other early childhood settings; however, this experience is not required.
The University of Phoenix Master of Arts in Education/Elementary Teacher Education-Early Childhood program is designed to prepare students for elementary school teaching positions at the early childhood level. In addition to taking classes in educational theory, child development, and curriculum, students gain field experience through two student teaching classes. The program includes instruction in all content areas taught in elementary school, including science, math, and reading. This program is only available to students residing in Oregon.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org).
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
Required Courses for a Master of Arts in Education/Elementary Teacher Education-Early Childhood:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- MTE 507: Orientation to Teacher Education (0 credits)
- COM 516: Professional Communications (1 credit)
- MTE 501: The Art and Science of Teaching (2 credits)
- MTE 506: Child and Adolescent Training (2 credits)
- MTE 508: Models, Theories and Instructional Strategies (3 credits)
- MTE 562: Assessment and Evaluation (3 credits)
- ECH 506: Introduction to Early Childhood Education (3 credits)
- ECH 542: Early Childhood Play Theories (3 credits)
- RDG 530: Curriculum Constructs and Assessments: Reading and Language Arts (4 credits)
- MTE 553: Instruction and Assessment of English Language Learners (3 credits)
- SPE 514: Survey of Special Populations (2 credits)
- MTE 520: Maintaining an Effective Learning Climate (3 credits)
- MTE 531: Curriculum Constructs and Assessment: History and Social Science (2 credits)
- MTE 532: Curriculum Constructs and Assessment: Science and Mathematics (4 credits)
- MTE 534: Curriculum Constructs and Assessment: Visual and Performing Arts (2 credits)
- MTE 537: Curriculum Constructs and Assessment: Physical Education and Health (2 credits)
- MTE 598: Student Teaching, Part A (4 credits)
- MTE 599: Student Teaching, Part B (4 credits)
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.
The University's Central Administration is located at 1625 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85282-2371. Online Campus: 3157 E. Elwood St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
© 2013 University of Phoenix, Inc. All rights reserved.