MBA with a concentration in Human Resources Management
The University of Phoenix Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resource Management program is designed for students interested in managing and hiring employees. Learn more about the University of Phoenix Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resource Management program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resource Management
The diploma for the Master of Business Administration 021 program will not reflect the concentration. Concentrations are reflected on the transcript only.
School Offering Program:
University of Phoenix
Master of Business Administration
Applicants to the University of Phoenix Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resource Management program should hold a bachelor's degree. They may have prior experience working in human resources offices or departments.
The University of Phoenix Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resource Management program is designed to teach students about business ethics, law, and strategies. The Human Resources Management concentration prepares students to work with and manage employees. Over the course of the MBA program, students may take classes in corporate finance, strategic planning, and marketing. Students who select the Human Resource Management concentration complete 15 graduate-level human resources management credits. Some of these credits may overlap with the core Master of Business Administration curriculum.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org).
Online and On-campus
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
36 credits for the required course of study and 12 additional credits for the Human Resource Management concentration.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal and state financial aid, grants and loans, employer tuition reimbursement, internal and external scholarship sources, and access to other resources.
Required Courses for a Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resource Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact University of Phoenix to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- MGT 521: Management (3 credits)
- QRB 501: Quantitative Reasoning for Business (3 credits)
- HRM 531: Human Capital Management (3 credits)
- LAW 531: Business Law (3 credits)
- LDR 531: Organizational Leadership (3 credits)
- ACC 561: Accounting (3 credits)
- ECO 561: Economics (3 credits)
- FIN 571: Corporate Finance (3 credits)
- MKT 571: Marketing (3 credits)
- OPS 571: Operations Management (3 credits)
- QNT 561: Applied Business Research and Statistics (3 credits)
- STR 581: Strategic Planning and Implementation (3 credits)
- 12 Credits from Human Resource concentration courses (choose four of the following):
- HRM 546: Human Resource Law (3 credits)
- HRM 558: Research in Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- HRM 548: Recruitment and Retention Practices (3 credits)
- HRM 552: Organizational Training and Development (3 credits)
- HRM 554: Occupational Health and Safety (3 credits)
- HRM 595: Human Resource Capstone Course (3 credits) (Required)
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.
The University's Central Administration is located at 1625 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85282-2371. Online Campus: 3157 E. Elwood St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
© 2013 University of Phoenix, Inc. All rights reserved.