Quality Management PhD Program Information
Read about Ph.D. programs related to quality management, and explore the typical coursework. Check the educational prerequisites for enrolling in these doctoral programs. Review employment outlook statistics for the quality management field.
Students interested in pursuing research and academic careers in the area of quality management might consider a Ph.D. program in management science. This diverse field of study includes specialty areas, such as quality management and operations management, where students learn to use analytical concepts and techniques to provide scientific solutions to operational problems.
Offered through schools of business or management at many colleges and universities, Ph.D. in Management Science programs are often flexible and allow students to tailor their coursework and research projects toward individual interests, such as quality management. Programs with a specialty in operations management focus on topics related to industry and manufacturing, where quality management plays a large role.
Students are required to hold a bachelor's degree and are typically required to have completed some graduate-level coursework. Prerequisite courses might include calculus, algebra, computer programming and statistics. Entrance to some programs can be competitive and admissions committees might consider grade point averages, test scores, letters of recommendation and personal statements.
Students learn to develop and implement methods and models used to solve problems in manufacturing and industry, specifically problems related to quality management. Students are required to complete a dissertation. Courses might include:
- Stochastic processes
- Probability and statistics
- Organization Behavior
- Quality control
Many students who complete Ph.D. programs in the area of quality management pursue academic teaching and research careers at colleges and universities. While the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) does not specify professorial salaries in this field of study, the agency reported that the median income for all teachers at postsecondary institutions was $62,050 in 2010 (www.bls.gov). Employment is expected to grow by 17% during the period from 2010-2020. The BLS projects a nine percent increase over the same time period in employment of industrial production managers, who may have graduate degrees in quality management and work in industry.
Related to Quality Management Phd
- Recently Updated
If you're interested in a management, executive, teaching or engineering role in the aviation industry, a Ph.D. in Aviation...
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programs in management are commonly offered by a university's business school. Most of these...
Management programs deal with the technical aspects of assembling, leading, innovating and guiding business matters. Doctoral...
Several Ph.D. in Management programs are available online. Most schools offer management specializations in areas such as human...
- PhD in Security Management: Doctoral Degree Program Overviews
- Online PhD in Learning Management: Program Information
- Online PhD in Knowledge Management: Distance Learning Doctorate Info
- Career Information for a Degree in General Computer Programming
- Top School in Fort Lauderdale for a Broadcasting Degree
- Molecular Biology Laboratory Analyst: Job Description and Outlook
- Top School in Cleveland for Computer Programming Degrees
- Online PhD IN Operations Management: Program Overview
- Online PhD in Applied Management & Decision Sciences
- Top Ranked University for a Degree in Criminal Justice - Knoxville, TN
- Salary and Career Info for a Limo Driver
- Top School in Sioux Falls, SD, for an Information Systems Security Bachelor's Degree