Radiology Programs in Ohio with School and Course Information
Research radiology programs in Ohio, which currently has roughly 29 schools offering these programs. Read overviews of the programs and get some quick facts for two Ohio schools to decide which program is right for you.
Programs for aspiring radiology technologists teach students to properly position patients and monitor their condition while imaging equipment is being used. These programs are most often available at the associate's degree level and usually prepare students for the occupation's certification exam offered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), which many states require for licensure. Certificate programs are also available and may allow graduates to perform limited duties in their state. Many radiology programs have a clinical component as part of the curriculum.
University of Cincinnati - Blue Ash College
The University of Cincinnati (UC) has a long history of training medical workers and was originally founded in 1819 as a medical college for Cincinnati residents. It joined the University System of Ohio in 1977. UC offers radiologic technology programs at it's Blue Ash College campus located in Blue Ash, Ohio.
UC Blue Ash College offers a full-time, 2-year associate's degree program in radiologic technology that includes general education classes and radiology courses that include radiographic pathology, anatomy and physiology, emergency first response and basic radiologic technology. A clinical practicum is also part of the curriculum. Graduates are eligible for the AART's certification exam for radiologic technologists.
- Program Offered: AAS in Radiologic Technology
- Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014): $5,890 (in-state), $14,516 (out-of-state)*
- School Type & Setting: 4-year, primarily associate's, public; large suburb
Columbus State Community College
Columbus State Community College (CSCC), located in Columbus, Ohio, was founded in 1963 and mostly offers 2-year associate's degree programs. Students can choose from over 55 programs in engineering, public service, business, human service and health and can also take prerequisite classes in the arts and sciences before transferring to 4-year schools.
Students can pursue a 21.5-credit limited radiology certificate that teaches them to position patients for imaging, use radiation protection and operate equipment. General education courses are also included. Graduates are qualified for a limited radiography license under Ohio state law, and they may also apply for the radiography associate's degree program at CSCC.
The associate's degree program teaches students to safely use the equipment associated with fluoroscopy, diagnostic imaging and radiography. Magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography are also covered. To earn the associate's degree, students take general education courses in addition to their specialty courses in computerized imaging, anatomy, radiographic procedures and radiologic science. A hands-on clinical component is also required.
- Programs Offered: Limited Radiology Certificate
AAS in Radiography
- Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014): $3,790 (in-state), $8,186 (out-of-state)*
- School Type & Setting: 2-year, public; large city
School Comparison: At a Glance
|School||School Type & Setting||Programs Offered||Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)|
|University of Cincinnati - Blue Ash College||4-year, primarily associate's, public; large suburb||AAS in Radiologic Technology|| $5,890 (in-state),|
|Columbus State Community College||2-year, public; large city|| Limited Radiology Certificate,|
AAS in Radiography
| $3,790 (in-state), |
Source: *NCES College Navigator
Related to Radiology Programs Ohio
- Recently Updated
Learn about the top schools for a specialization in radiology. Discover important information, such as rankings, locations and...
Graduate degrees in radiology are typically for those interested in furthering a career in radiologic imaging or radiological...
The Chicago area has about six universities that offer radiology programs. Learn about radiology residencies offered at three...
Learn about certificate, associate's and bachelor's programs that prepare prospective radiology technicians. Get info about...
- Pediatric Radiology Schooling Information and Requirements
- Nuclear Radiology Education Options
- Radiology Nursing Courses and Classes Overview
- Top School for a Degree in E-Commerce - Anaheim, CA
- Software Developer: Educational Requirements & Career Info
- Operations Planning Consultant: Education Requirements and Career Info
- Become a Kosher Caterer: Education and Career Information
- Radiology Technician License and Credential Information
- How to Become a Radiology Specialist: Education and Career Roadmap
- International Finance Careers: Education Requirements, Duties & Salary Info
- Auto Body Painter: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Customer Support Management Education and Training Programs
- Agriculture Inspector Job Description and Requirements for Becoming an Agriculture Inspector
- Early Childhood Education Courses in Richmond, VA
- Boulder, Colo., City and Higher Education Info
- Agricultural Business Manager Job Description and Information About a Career in Agricultural Business Management
Perfect School Search
- A - C
- C - M
- N - Y
- Nearby States