Sports Management Certifications, Diplomas and Certificate Programs
Read details about diploma and certificate programs in sports management. Learn what topics are studied and what continuing education options are available to graduates. Read salary and employment information for related careers.
Sports management certificate and diploma programs contain similar types of courses, but the program titles and class names vary by school. Otherwise, they are so inherently similar that only the certificate program will be discussed in this article. Students enrolled in a sports management certificate program learn about the legalities of sports management and recreation, effective marketing and advertising techniques, first aid, business practices and fitness.
Sports management certificate programs prepare students to either continue their sports management education or to seek an entry-level position in recreational sports management. For example, students with a sports management certificate may obtain entry-level employment with private or public fitness clubs; local, state or federal parks; rehabilitation centers; or cruise ships.
- Sports Administration
- Sports Law & Risk Management
- Sporting Arenas and Event Management
- Sports Public Relations
- Exercise Science
- Hospitality Law
- Recreation Management
- Sports Marketing
- Business and Personnel Management in Sports
- Sports Agent Practices
Popular Career Options
- Fitness Program Manager
- Cruise Ship Recreation Director
- Adventure Tour Guide
- Rehabilitation Assistant
- Youth Facility Recreation Manager
Employment Outlook and Salary Info
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, recreation workers were projected to see a 19% growth in employment opportunities from 2010-2020, which is about average for all occupations. The mean annual wages for these workers were $25,430 in May 2012.
Continuing Education Information
In addition to sports management certificate and diploma programs, there are associate's degree, bachelor's degree, master's degree and post-graduate certificate sports management programs. The most popular programs are the Master of Arts, Master of Science or Master of Business Administration in sports management for those wishing to enter the field of professional or collegiate sports management. Upon earning a master's degree in sports management, students are prepared for employment as general managers, operations managers, sports agents, sports advertising and promotions managers, sports public relations managers and sports financial managers.
Related to Diploma in Sports Management
- Recently Updated
Some of the best schools in the country offer sports management programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Read...
Sports in America are no longer just a game. Sports are big business, serving as prime entertainment and a large revenue...
Chicago has about six schools with programs in sports management. Find the best program for you by reading about schools'...
Learn about education alternatives for students interested in earning an Associate of Business Science degree in sports...
- Online Bachelor of Sports Management Degree Program Information
- Online Doctoral Degrees in Sports Management & Administration
- Online Masters Degree in Sports Management: Program Summary
- Chief Tax Officer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Project Accountant: Job Description & Career Info
- Top School in Colorado Springs for Teacher Education
- Top Nursing & Nursing Administration Degree Programs in Albuquerque
- Sports Management Masters Degree Program Overview
- Doctorate in Sports Management: PhD Program Information
- Top Ranked School for Computer Programming - Oklahoma City, OK
- Top School Offering a Degree Program in Child Development - Oxnard, CA
- Medical Credentialing Specialist: Job Description and Requirements