Ultrasound Schools in Toledo, OH with Degree Program Summaries
The Toledo, OH, area has one school that offers ultrasound programs. Learn about the degree programs, admission info and program requirements for the school to make an informed education decision.
Comparison of Schools in Toledo, OH, with Ultrasound Programs
Only one school in the Toledo, OH, area offers ultrasound training. Owens Community College provides a diagnostic medical sonography associate's degree program that is accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) with the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS). Since this school only accepts a few students into its sonography programs, students can expect small class sizes.
|Owens Community College|
|Ultrasound Programs Offered||Associate of Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or Vascular Sonography|
|Related Programs Offered|| Computed Tomography Certificate |
Associate of Applied Science in Nuclear Medicine or Radiologic Technology
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Total Enrollment (2011)||17,245*|
|Campus Setting||Large suburb|
|Tuition and Fees (2011-2012)||$3,874 in-state; $7,727 out-of-state*|
|% of First-Year Students Receiving Any Form of Aid (2011)||85%*|
|Acceptance Rate (2011)||N/A - Open admission|
|Retention Rate (2011)||44% for full-time students; 36% for part-time students*|
|Graduation Rate for Students Who Began in 2008||7% (20% transfer-out rate)*|
|Noteworthy||Accredited diagnostic medical sonography program; clinical work at affiliated healthcare facility required|
|Driving Distance from Downtown (Driving Time)||6.6 mi. (13 min.)|
Source: *NCES College Navigator.
Programs at Owens Community College
Owens Community College offers two ultrasound technology programs through its School of Health Sciences. Both programs adhere to the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers' (ARDMS) content standards. In addition to learning concepts in the classroom, students in these programs can develop hands-on skills through laboratory course components and clinical work. This school requires all sonography students to complete 1,250 hours of clinical work.
Associate of Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
This program requires 78 credit hours for graduation. Students can expect to complete courses in medical language, ultrasound physics, medical imaging, general anatomy, physiology, cross-sectional anatomy and pathophysiology. Upon completion of this program, graduates qualify to take the ARDMS' Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer certification exam. This program also helps students prepare for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists' sonography certification exam.
Associate of Applied Science in Vascular Sonography
This program features coursework in leadership development, anatomy, physiology, vascular ultrasound, diagnostic sonography, medical terminology and ultrasound physics. In order to graduate from this program, students are required to fulfill a 78-credit hour requirement. Students who graduate are able to take the ARDMS exams required for the Registered Vascular Technologist designation.
Related to Ultrasound Schools in Toledo
- Recently Updated
Echo ultrasound training programs, also known as echocardiography programs, focus on the use of ultrasound machines to create...
Ultrasound technology uses sound pressure to capture a focused energy that cannot otherwise be seen by the naked eye, and is...
Cardiac ultrasound studies are most commonly found in cardiovascular sonography or diagnostic medical sonography programs. This...
Free online ultrasound courses and tutorials are offered by real schools and professional institutions. Learn which ultrasound...
- Vascular Ultrasound Certification and Training Programs
- Emergency Ultrasound Courses: Overviews for Aspiring ER Workers
- Ultrasound Technologist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA): Fashion Design and Merchandising Degree Overview
- Art Appraisal Training and Career Information
- Broadcast Tech: Education Requirements and Job Information
- Legal Research Assistant Employment Information
- Ultrasound Sonographer Salary and Career Information
- Therapeutic Ultrasound Certification Information
- Bachelors Degree in Automotive Technology: Program Overview
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Healthcare Administration Management Degree Overview
- Online Associate's Degree in Radiology: Program Information
- Greening Campus Colleges Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day
- Online Bachelor of Administrative Office Management University Degree Programs
- Broadcasting Technician Job Duties and Requirements for Becoming a Broadcasting Technician
- Online Sports Broadcasting Schools and Colleges How to Choose
Perfect School Search
- A - C
- C - M
- N - Y
- Nearby States