Baylor University in Waco, TX Video Review
Get the Flash Player to see the Baylor University in Waco, TX Video Review
Baylor University in Waco, TX Video Review Transcript
Baylor University is located in Waco, Texas approximately 90 miles south of Dallas. The most popular majors are biology, accounting, marketing, nursing and psychology. Baylor University offers bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs.
Founded over 150 years ago in Waco, Baylor is the oldest institution of higher learning in Texas and the largest Baptist university in the world. The school is ranked at #75 among national colleges with its business and engineering programs holding nationwide respect.
Located just outside of downtown Waco in central Texas, Baylor strives to create a Christian learning environment for students. Parks and lakes make for plenty of recreational activities, as do over 330 student organizations supporting the interests of the student body. The Baylor Bears athletic teams compete in the Big 12 Conference and draw support from its students and community.
Baylor University offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs through eight schools and colleges. Popular majors among undergraduates include Biology, Accounting, Marketing, Nursing and Psychology.
Baylor has an undergraduate student body of nearly 12,000. Considered a 'more selective' school, the university has a freshman acceptance rate of 43 percent. Incoming students have a grade-point average of 3.5 and typically score in the 1100 to 1310 range on the SAT and 23 and 28 on the ACT.
-statistics compiled by U.S. News and World Report in its annual list 'America's Best Colleges.'
Baylor University in Waco, TX Video Review Related Articles
- Recently Updated
The coursework for a biology 1 class covers the basic principles of many aspects of biology. The broad curriculum provides students with...
Have you ever wondered what taking an online college course might be like? So did we, so we took one! But the course is now done and this...
Those interested in a healthcare career may want to consider the field of nursing. This is a broad field that offers many specialties,...
Things are coming down to the home stretch now. Time to step up the studying and really make these last lessons count! With only a few units...
An accounting certificate program provides a fundamental skill set for prospective accountants and those interested in supplementing an...
- Waco, Texas (TX) Colleges
- Dallas, Texas (TX) Colleges
- Plano, Texas (TX) Colleges
- Weslaco, Texas (TX) Colleges
- Odessa, Texas (TX) Colleges
- Tyler, Texas (TX) Colleges
- Webster, Texas (TX) Colleges
- OCL Psychology Student Diary: The Breaking Point
- OCL Psychology Student Diary: Old Habits Die Hard
- Education-Portal.com 2010 Scholarship Winners: Nursing
- Learn Psychology in the Blogosphere: Top 10 Psychology Blogs
- Learn Marketing in the Blogosphere: 10 Top Marketing Blogs
- Top Ranked Teacher Education Program in Instructional Leadership - Chicago, IL
- Top Ranked Accounting Degree - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top University with an Information Technology Degree - Kansas City, MO
- Top Accounting and Finance Degrees - Irvine, CA
- Top Master's Degree Programs in Accounting and Finance - Chicago, IL
OBGYN is an acronym for physicians who specialize in obstetrics and gynecology. OBGYNs diagnose and treat disorders of women's reproductive...
Gene therapy is the technique of inserting genetic material into existing cells to correct a genetic problem, health issue or deformity....
Perfect School Search
- A - E
- F - N
- O - W
- Nearby States