College Thoughts for Students With Learning Disabilities Video
Get the Flash Player to see the College Thoughts for Students With Learning Disabilities Video
College Thoughts for Students With Learning Disabilities Video Transcript
Find the right college or university that fits the needs of a student with learning disabilities. This video describes an in-depth list of support services that students with learning disabilities should look for in a school. The list of services includes individualized educational planning, academic workshops, content tutoring, writing or math labs with assistive technologies and psychological services, if needed. Also discover a short list of national schools that offer excellent services for students with learning disabilities.
College Thoughts for Students With Learning Disabilities Video Overview
- Choosing a College
- It is important for students with learning disabilities to look for the right college or university setting that meets their interests and personality.
- Be aware of the support services you might need because not all colleges structure support services the same way.
- It is important to visit the campuses and speak with professionals at each college.
- What to Look For
- Look for individualized educational planning services.
- Look for learning strategies identification instructions and modeling based on student strengths and needs.
- Check for content tutoring, a writing lab, math and science labs, computer labs and assistive technology.
- It is also important to have leadership opportunities, psychological services, academic workshops on study skills and social and academic programs.
- Make sure there is a supportive community of learners within the larger campus.
- Good Schools for Students with Learning Challenges
- The Salt Center is a premier center for students with learning disabilities at any college in America.
- The Salt Center at the University of Arizona is an excellent choice.
- Other good schools for students with learning disabilities are the University of Denver, Illinois University at Carbondale, Texas Tech and American University.
College Thoughts for Students With Learning Disabilities Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
As you navigate around the Web, it's so easy to get pulled into rabbit holes of irrelevance. The Internet is filled with sites that offer...
Getting good grades can be hard enough, but maintaining them can seem daunting. However, it's not that difficult to keep your grades up....
You've probably seen plenty of TV shows or films that feature college students. Regardless of how realistic the portrayal of higher...
Are you a video game nut? It's hard not to be with so many great games out on the market today. But how do you avoid becoming the...
President Obama delivered the fourth State of the Union of his presidency last week. In case you weren't paying attention, he said some...
- Video Production College
- Video Editing College
- Video Producer College
- Music Video Editing College
- Music Video Production College
- Online College Courses for High School Students
- College Math Credit Online
- What Students Must Do in The Final Term of College
- Should You Choose Your College Classes Based on Expense?
- 5 Reasons College Students Should Look Over Corrected Assignments
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Top Study Tips for Returning Students
- Top School for a Degree in Computer Information Technology - Columbus, OH
- Top Degrees for Business Administration - San Francisco, CA
- Top Computer Programming Degree Programs - New York, NY
- Top School for a Master's in Accounting and Financial Management - Atlanta, GA
- Top Ranked University for a Business Administration Degree - Los Angeles, CA
American School is an accredited high school located in Illinois. The school offers programs geared toward students who want to further...
Research the requirements to become a portrait photographer. Learn about the job description and duties and read the step-by-step process to...