Film and Music Video Production Degree Program and Career Video
Get the Flash Player to see the Film and Music Video Production Degree Program and Career Video
Film and Music Video Production Degree Program and Career Video Transcript
Would you be interested in a major at a college or university that teaches you acting, animation, directing, editing and production? A degree in film and music video production can teach you these things. This video provides a brief introduction into a Film and Music Video Production degree.
A bachelor's degree in Film and Music Video Production teaches students all facets of film and music video production, including the technical, artistic and business sides . Colleges and universities offer this program in several different ways, such as Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film with a concentration in production or a general media bachelors degrees tailored with production electives.
These programs emphasize modern principles and theory combined with hands-on activities. Many schools let their students use university cameras for filming, and have studio or control rooms where students can digitally edit their work after filming. Methods of filming and editing learned in class are directly applied to real-world conditions in and out of the studio.
Aside from the technical side of production, graduates understand the importance and impact of electronic media in society and they are able to apply production concepts to visual productions . Many programs encourage or even require internships to help the students gain experience upon graduation and to supplement the education they receive in schools.
Typical courses found in film production programs are:
- Film Production
- History of Film
- Field Video Production
- Directing Workshop
- Introduction to Editing
- Film Industry, Finance and Business
Production jobs aren't the only jobs graduates are prepared for. Entry-level television and film opportunities include positions in sales, research, operations, promotions and many more.
A bachelors degree in Film and Music Production is a hands on degree where students will learn cutting edge techniques and technologies, as well as gaining worthwhile internship experience. Check with the school of your choice to see if they offer a degree or concentration in Film and Music Production.
[#1] Watkins Film School, www.watkins.edu
[#2] California State University, Fullerton fullerton.edu
[#3] Wikipedia, en.wikipedia.org
Film and Music Video Production Degree Program and Career Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Music Video Producers: Employment Information for Recent Graduates Pursuing a Career in Music Video Production
A Music Video Producer oversees financial, organizational and creative details involved in producing a music video. A Music Video Producer...
Music Video Production Assistant: Career Information for Recent Graduates Pursuing an Entry-Level Job in Producing Music Videos
Music Video Production Assistants are the 'hands-on' members of music video crews. Job duties range from chauffeuring musicians and making...
Certificate programs in video and film production offer a solid foundation of the skills needed to pursue career opportunities in the...
Film production is a profession and academic discipline associated to media arts and entertainment. Graduate degrees in film studies and...
Film production coordinators are the administrative professionals behind the scenes of motion picture productions. They may manage schedules...
- Music Video Production College
- Music Video Editing Classes
- Music Video Editing Training
- Music Video Editing College
- Music Video Directing School
- Independent Film Production Degree Program in Indianapolis
- Distance Learning Degree Program in Video Production
- Music Producer: Job Summary and Educational Requirements for a Career in Music Production
- Online Schools with Music Production Degree Programs and Majors
- Online Music Production Class and Course Overviews
- Become a Film Production Assistant: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Film and Video Production College Diploma Program Summary
- Best School for Global Management and International Business Degrees - Houston, TX
- Top Degrees for Educational Administration and Teaching - Kansas City, MO
- Top School for a Paralegal Studies Degree - Jacksonville, FL
- Top University with a Master's in Public Administration Degree - Arlington, VA
- Top University with a Master's Degree in Health Administration - Birmingham, AL
Degree programs in cognitive neuroscience are most often found at the doctoral level; however, a few master's degree programs in cognitive...
Database programming involves implementing software to maintain, navigate and organize computer systems. Certificate programs in database...