How to Get Your Resume Noticed Video
How to Get Your Resume Noticed Video Transcript
Getting your resume noticed is essential to job seekers. Completion of the video will walk you through the steps of resume basics as well as getting your resume noticed in the real and virtual worlds.
- How to Get Your Resume Noticed
- It's a practical matter, as only 3% of applicants are hired based on their resume and application alone. Your resume will be noticed through a combination of networking in the real and virtual world as well as a referrals.
- You can support your resume through job networking. Real world notice of your resume comes from forward and backup networking.
- How to Get Your Resume Noticed in the Real World
- Forward networking is talking to current contacts about job listings. To get your resume noticed, put their contact names on the subject line of your email and on your cover letter.
- Backup networking is a good way to get your resume noticed if you currently have no contacts in the company to which you are applying. Getting your resume noticed this way is done through regular submission, attempting to establish networking contact within the company, and resubmitting using the name of your new contact.
- How to Get Your Resume Noticed in the Virtual World
- Whether you have networking contacts or not, big companies use resume scanners. These look for keywords that get your resume noticed whenever they appear.
- Use bullets in your resume to describe your skills and qualifications. Refer to the job listing as the video describes for keywords a resume scanner will be targeting. Describing your skills in complete sentences will get your resume noticed.
How to Get Your Resume Noticed Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Are you a video game nut? It's hard not to be with so many great games out on the market today. But how do you avoid becoming the...
With prospective students constantly seeking new ways to impress admissions officers and colleges trying to stay on the cutting edge to...
There are many things to consider when looking for a job. Your application, resume, and cover letter are all created by you. But what about...
Learn about associate's degrees in film and video production. Explore the differences between degree options, the coursework included in...
In an age where YouTube eats up countless time and Netflix provides some of the highest amounts of traffic on the Web, streaming video seems...
- Video Production Certificate Programs in North Carolina
- Career Education in Video Production
- Universities Offering a Degree in Video Productions
- Video Production College
- Administrative Assistant Resume Samples
- Video Editing Degree
- MBA Teachings Online Video
- Video Production Assistant: Employment & Career Info
- Free Video Lecture Podcasts From Top Universities
- Job Resumes 2.0: Creating a Video Resume
- Career Info for a Photography, Film or Video Degree
- Associate's Degree in Radio & Video Production
- Automotive Painting Career and Training Program Information
- Business Planning Consultant: Education and Career Information
- Top School in Spokane for an Electronic Communications Degree
- Intensive Care Nurse Salary and Career Information
- How to Become a Computer Administrator: Education and Career Roadmap
Discover what type of work a newspaper editor performs. Learn about what education is necessary, in addition to salary and employment...
There are over 30 schools within 15 miles of Piscataway, New Jersey. Read about the schools with the lowest student-faculty ratio, lowest...
- Electrical Engineering - EE Professions Employment Information and Requirements for Electrical Engineering Careers
- Unix Administration Job Outlook and Requirements for a Career in Unix System Administration
- Online Career Education in Computer Aided Drafting
- Bismarck, North Dakota (ND) Colleges
- Utility Meter Reader Job Description and Requirements for Becoming a Utility Meter Reader