How to Get Your Resume Noticed Video
Get the Flash Player to see the How to Get Your Resume Noticed Video
How to Get Your Resume Noticed Video Transcript
Getting your resume noticed is essential to job seekers. Completion of the video will walk you through the steps of resume basics as well as getting your resume noticed in the real and virtual worlds.
- How to Get Your Resume Noticed
- It's a practical matter, as only 3% of applicants are hired based on their resume and application alone. Your resume will be noticed through a combination of networking in the real and virtual world as well as a referrals.
- You can support your resume through job networking. Real world notice of your resume comes from forward and backup networking.
- How to Get Your Resume Noticed in the Real World
- Forward networking is talking to current contacts about job listings. To get your resume noticed, put their contact names on the subject line of your email and on your cover letter.
- Backup networking is a good way to get your resume noticed if you currently have no contacts in the company to which you are applying. Getting your resume noticed this way is done through regular submission, attempting to establish networking contact within the company, and resubmitting using the name of your new contact.
- How to Get Your Resume Noticed in the Virtual World
- Whether you have networking contacts or not, big companies use resume scanners. These look for keywords that get your resume noticed whenever they appear.
- Use bullets in your resume to describe your skills and qualifications. Refer to the job listing as the video describes for keywords a resume scanner will be targeting. Describing your skills in complete sentences will get your resume noticed.
How to Get Your Resume Noticed Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Are you a video game nut? It's hard not to be with so many great games out on the market today. But how do you avoid becoming the...
With prospective students constantly seeking new ways to impress admissions officers and colleges trying to stay on the cutting edge to...
Your resume is a document that sums up who you are as a worker. Here are some tips to improving the reference section of this character...
Film and video associate's degree programs concentrate on both the production process and the technical aspects of filmmaking. Students can...
In an age where YouTube eats up countless time and Netflix provides some of the highest amounts of traffic on the Web, streaming video seems...
- Video Production Certificate Programs in North Carolina
- Career Education in Video Production
- Universities Offering a Degree in Video Productions
- Video Production College
- Administrative Assistant Resume Samples
- Video Editing Degree
- MBA Teachings Online Video
- Video Productions Assistant: Employment Information for Entry-Level Video Producing Careers
- Free Video Lecture Podcasts From Top Universities
- Job Resumes 2.0: Creating a Video Resume
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Photography, Film, or Video
- Associate of Business Science (ABS): Radio and Video Production and Broadcasting Degree Overview
- Top University with an Interior Design Degree Program - Cincinnati, OH
- Top School for a Degree in Accounting - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Top Ranked Business Finance Degree Program - Kansas City, MO
- Best School for Learning Computer Animation Technology - Denver, CO
- Top Ranked University with CAD Drafting and Design Technology Degrees - Kansas City, MO
The term medical tech may apply to medical technologists or medical technicians. These professionals work in clinical laboratories, using...
New York City has recently boasted more high school graduates than in previous years. However, many do not seem to be sufficiently prepared...