How to List Your Accomplishments in a Resume Video
How to List Your Accomplishments in a Resume Video Transcript
Listing your accomplishments is an essential part of your resume. Completion of this video instructs you how to list your accomplishments on a resume in bulleted lists while using action verbs, showing results and impressing the reader.
- Your Accomplishments in Bulleted Lists
- Say what you did on the job in bullets. Listing your accomplishments on a resume should involve five to seven bullets per position. Keep your resume accomplishment bullets in complete sentences and to a maximum of two and a half lines.
- Show your accomplishments. Use verbs that demonstrate a skill, the action and the result of your work. Make sure these are organized. You can also Google 'action word resumes' to give you a better idea of how to show your accomplishments with action words.
- Targeting Your Resume to the Job
- Show how your skills describe your results. This should be short, concise and dynamic. Doing so while demonstrating your accomplishments only means customizing your resume, not an overhaul.
- Use verbs that demonstrate your accomplishments affirmatively. These should be customized to the job listing. This not only tells the reader how you fit, but it also tells the resume scanning software how you fit.
- Your Resume Showing Results and Impressing the Reader
- Use specifics. Make sure you not only communicate action, but also provide numbers and facts, giving the reader a scope of your accomplishments. The same skill words in the job description are not only more impressive and show accomplishment, but they are picked up by resume scanning software.
- Communicate your skills in a resume affirmatively. Avoid words like 'helped' or 'assisted.' Use action words. Instead of saying, 'I assisted scheduling for travel meetings,' write, 'I scheduled travel meetings.'
How to List Your Accomplishments in a Resume Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Are you a video game nut? It's hard not to be with so many great games out on the market today. But how do you avoid becoming the...
Whether you're getting ready to graduate and go into the workforce or just hunting for that perfect college job, having a polished resume is...
Resume writing can be challenging, but it's an essential skill for anyone in the job market. Whether you're searching for work now or just...
With prospective students constantly seeking new ways to impress admissions officers and colleges trying to stay on the cutting edge to...
A video resume can allow you to get you face-to-face with potential employers and may give you the edge you need to get your foot in the...
- Video Production Certificate Programs in North Carolina
- Career Education in Video Production
- Universities Offering a Degree in Video Productions
- Video Production College
- Administrative Assistant Resume Samples
- Video Editing Degree
- MBA Teachings Online Video
- Resume Tips: Picking Good References
- Associate of Film and Video: Degree Overview
- Job Description of a Video Blogger: Duties and Requirements
- OCW People's Choice Award Winner: Best Video Lectures
- Video Production Assistant: Employment & Career Info
- Top University in Jacksonville, FL, for a Criminal Justice Degree
- Top Ranked Graphic Design and Multimedia School - Santa Ana, CA
- Medical Billing and Coding Job Options and Requirements
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner: Educational Requirements
- Top Ranked Operations Management Degrees - San Jose, CA
Aquaculture technicians require little formal education. Learn about the training, job duties and experience requirements to find out if...
There are three schools within 12 minutes of Colorado Springs that have psychology degree programs. Read an overview of these schools'...