How to Make a Job Networking Connection Video
Get the Flash Player to see the How to Make a Job Networking Connection Video
How to Make a Job Networking Connection Video Transcript
Making a job networking connection is essential to career success. Watching the video will establish how to make a job networking connection by stating what your mutual relationship is, what you are looking for and what your background is.
- Creating Your Job Networking Introduction
- Any successful job networking connection has three elements. This establishes the connection, states who you are and what you are looking for.
- The combination outlined by the video can work for phone, email or in person contact. Establishing that you have a mutual relationship will obtain a higher priority for your job networking attempt. If you don't know your job networking contact personally, the both of you may trust the individual or organization you happen to be connected through.
- Establish your job networking relationship by saying, 'We were both at the same party', or, 'Your brother and I were University of California alumni'
- Who You Are and What Your Job Networking Connection Seeks
- After establishing a mutual relationship, state what your background is. For example, you may tell your job networking contact, 'I'm a recent graduate with a computer science degree.'
- Tell your job networking connection what you would like to find. Ask only open ended questions. For example, say, 'I was wondering if there were any job openings in your field or within your company.'
- Using A Job Networking Connection
- If your job networking contact is through email, fit your short, three element introduction into one window. Put your mutual networking connection's name or organization in the subject line. If it is a voice contact, keep it short.
- Phone or in person job networking contact can be a bit longer. The three elements of your introduction can be converted into a dialogue.
How to Make a Job Networking Connection Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Students working towards a degree in networking and telecommunications learn about the installation, design and management of computer...
A bachelor's degree program in networking explores database design, operations management, troubleshooting and wireless technologies....
Located just 10 miles down the road from Maitland, the University of Central Florida is a public research university in Orlando, FL. The...
For individuals with an interest in computer networking and telecommunications, Fresno City College offers a variety of educational options,...
College students would be wise to build a solid social network in their workplace.
- Computer Networking Career Education
- Masters in Networking
- Online Diploma in Networking
- Computer Networking Colleges in Virginia
- New Jersey Networking Universities
- Computer Networking Colleges in New Hampshire
- Computer Networking Schools in Minnesota
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Networking Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Networking Technology: Degree Overview
- A+ Networking Certificate: Program Summary
- PC Networking Certificate: Operations and Support Program Overview
- Computer Networking Certificate: Program Summary
Customer service managers oversee the work of customer service representatives in settings such as banks, call centers or retail stores....
A majority of reporters work for newspapers; however, reporters are also employed in the radio and television industries. The primary...