How to Make the Most of Campus Visits Video
Get the Flash Player to see the How to Make the Most of Campus Visits Video
How to Make the Most of Campus Visits Video Transcript
Learn how to make the most of your college and university visits. This video shows numerous tips a student should use to gain the most he can out of a campus visit. Advice, such as visiting during the actual school year, sitting in on classes and spending the night in a dorm will all give you valuable information about the school of your choice. Also, find out why eating in the cafeteria and even reading the school newspaper are great ideas to help you gain knowledge during your campus visit.
How to Make the Most of Campus Visits Video Overview
- The number one tip for making the most out of your college visit is to go to the campus during the school year.
- If you are unable to arrive when classes are in session, visiting the school is still worth your time.
- Reserve a spot in a school sanctioned campus tour and information session. This allows you to see what the school wants you to know about the campus and lets you visit the main parts of the campus, such as the library, cafeteria and different classrooms.
- Getting Personal
- Spending a night in a dorm can give you invaluable information on the personality of the campus and what type of students attend, what goes on at night there and if you will fit in at this school.
- Walk around the campus on your own, too, and talk to as many students as possible. Ask as many questions as you can think of, and most students will give you honest answers.
- Sitting in on a class will help you to understand how academically gifted the students are at this school, what the professors are like and what classes are like there.
- Take a look at campus bulletin boards, and pick up a copy of the school newspaper. Is it a very conservative campus or very liberal? How will you fit into the personality of the college?
- Lastly, eat in the cafeteria as many freshmen spend numerous meals in the cafeteria particularly during their first year.
How to Make the Most of Campus Visits Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Cafeterias exist in schools, hospitals, corporate offices and as part of chain restaurants. Cafeteria managers ensure compliance with health...
Are you a video game nut? It's hard not to be with so many great games out on the market today. But how do you avoid becoming the...
Hazing has resulted in more than three dozen deaths in the U.S. since 1970. Colleges have taken steps to address this form of mistreatment...
A video resume can allow you to get you face-to-face with potential employers and may give you the edge you need to get your foot in the...
If you're looking to begin a career as a Cafeteria Chef, you should have an adequate combination of training and experience. Experience as a...
- Video Production College
- Video Editing College
- Music Video School
- Video Producer College
- Music Video Editing Classes
- Music Video Editing College
- Music Video Production College
- Associate of Film and Video: Degree Overview
- Job Description of a Video Blogger: Duties and Requirements
- OCW People's Choice Award Winner: Best Video Lectures
- ROTC Campus Controversy
- Know Your Campus Resources: Faculty Office Hours
An orthopedic sports medicine doctor focuses on injuries to the musculoskeletal system resulting from athletic activities. While there is no...
Learn how to become a pathologist technician. Research the education requirements, training, certification information and experience you...