Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA Video Review
Get the Flash Player to see the Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA Video Review
Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA Video Review Transcript
Louisiana State University is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The most popular majors are business, management and marketing, education, engineering, liberal arts and social sciences. Louisiana State University offers bachelors, masters, doctorate and pre-professional degree programs.
Baton Rouge is the home of Louisiana State University, a nationally ranked university in the heart of Cajun country. LSU ranks in the top 100 in the nation for its programs in business and engineering. Located on the banks of the Mississippi, many of the campus' 250 buildings are built in an old world Italian Renaissance style.
LSU is one of only 21 American universities designated as a land-grant, sea-grant and space-grant research center. Each year, the university conducts more than 2,500 sponsored research projects funded by the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, NASA, National Endowment for the Humanities, and others.
In addition to awarding bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees, LSU offers pre-professional programs in law, dentistry and veterinary science. Out of almost 200 available degrees more than one-fifth of the student population majors in business, management and marketing. Other popular majors include education, engineering, liberal arts and social sciences.
LSU students can participate in over 250 registered organizations, including honor societies, award-winning theatre and various student activities. Louisiana State University also is the home of the Fighting Tigers athletic teams, who compete in 20 varsity sports in the N.C.A.A. Southeastern Conference.
As a 'more selective' institution, Louisiana State has a freshman acceptance rate of 74 percent. Accepted students typically have a grade point average of 3.5 and ACT test scores between 23 and 27.
-statistics compiled by U.S. News and World Report in its annual list 'America's Best Colleges.'
Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA Video Review Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Have you ever wished you could troubleshoot your own computer or wondered if math could broaden your analytical abilities? Even students...
See our list of the top free online liberal arts courses. Learn about what courses are available and what topics they cover to find the...
The myth of the starving artist is seen as anything from a noble pursuit to a punchline. But if stability matters to you - and who could...
Feeling entrepreneurial? You don't have to be an MBA student to start a business in college. Read on for some tips and tricks on launching...
As budgets get tighter and tighter, some teachers are seeking creative ways to get badly needed supplies. In New York City, schools can get...
- Masters Degree Programs in Health Education
- Online Masters Degree in Music Education
- Online Masters Degree in Elementary Education
- Online Masters of Physical Education Degree
- Online Masters Degree in Physical Education
- Online Master's Degree Programs in Teaching Special Education
- Masters Degree Online Mathematics Education
- Top Schools for Business
- Top Schools for Engineering
- Learn Marketing in the Blogosphere: 10 Top Marketing Blogs
- Tuesday Talks: Chat With the White House About the Arts
- Study Explores Student Views on the Future of Business
- Top School for Earning a Teaching Degree - Bakersfield, CA
- Top School for a Computer Engineering Degree - Atlanta, GA
- Top University with a Human Resource Management Degree Program - Long Beach, CA
- Top Ranked Communications Degree Program - San Francisco, CA
- Top University with a Psychology Degree - Bakersfield, CA
Learn how to become a certified practical nurse. Research the education, licensure information and experience required for starting a career...
Telemetry technicians analyze and document heart rhythm information obtained using telemetry equipment, such as electrocardiograph (EKG)...
Perfect School Search
- Louisiana Cities
- Nearby States