MBA Alternatives Video
Get the Flash Player to see the MBA Alternatives Video
MBA Alternatives Video Transcript
While an MBA degree may work for higher level employees, it may not work at all times or for all cases. Watching this video will establish what a master's degree in business can and cannot do, and what alternatives to business school exist. Some of these alternatives include reading books, taking marketing, accounting, finance, and human resources courses from a university continuing education program, and on the job training.
- What MBAs Can and Can't Do
- An MBA is not a ticket to advancement, as completion of the video establishes. It needs to be combined with experience for high level jobs. Many pursue an MBA once they have a high level of education or experience.
- If you've been at a low level job, an MBA won't do that much. You need to learn political savvy, leadership skills and gain an aptitude for people management. This calls for books, research, experience and learning on the job.
- Other Degree Alternatives to the MBA
- A master's degree in marketing is a good alternative to the MBA for marketing. Likewise, so is a master's degree in human resources or management for those fields.
- A master's degree in nonprofit management or a master's degree in public policy or health administration can also serve as an alternative to an MBA. Some become certified public accountants instead of earning their MBA.
- Non Degree Alternatives to an MBA
- Just take some business courses at a university continuing education program. For marketing, maybe you don't need a whole marketing MBA. For management, human resources or venture capital skills, the same applies.
- Most entrepreneurs don't have an MBA. They may have taken courses and learned by doing. Maybe they hired an MBA themselves. However, you don't always need an MBA. Experience learned on the job or in your field may be sufficient.
MBA Alternatives Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
A new survey just released by Kaplan Test Prep shows that MBA applicants still favor the GMAT over the GRE - even though most agree that the...
A Master of Business Administration in International Business can lead to careers like management analyst, administrative service manager...
International business degrees have become available and often required due to increasing globalization and the growing number of businesses...
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) student in the field of agriculture learns the production and distribution process for foods and...
An Executive MBA (EMBA) allows students to graduate with a Master of Business Administration in two years or less while working full-time....
- MBA Teachings Online Video
- Hospitality MBA Degree
- Correspondence MBA Degree
- MBA in NJ
- MBA Florida
- MBA Programs in Virginia
- MBA in Dallas
- Careers for Operations Management MBA Graduates
- Best Online MBA Schools: List of Top Schools
- Cost of an Online MBA: Average Program Tuition and Fees
- Online MBA Programs for Working Adults: How These Programs Work
- Salary of an MBA Graduate in Project Management
- Top Computer Networking School - Henderson, NV
- Top School for a Degree in Business Administration - Charlotte, NC
- Top School for a Degree in Business Management - Henderson, NV
- Top Degree Programs in Computer Science and Information Technology - Atlanta, GA
- Top School for a Degree in Business Finance - Colorado Springs, CO
Heavy machinery operators and mechanics work with large vehicles including bulldozers, graders cranes, Bobcat utility machines and...
It's believed that about 1.5 million Americans are affected by autism. National Autism Awareness Month is intended to promote understanding...