Making Job Networking Work for You Video
Making Job Networking Work for You Video Transcript
It is important to make job networking work for you. The video will walk you through establishing a networking contact, using a networking contact and following up after you have established contact.
- Establishing a Job Networking Contact
- Once you've got your job networking introduction, you want to use it to make contact. If people don't respond immediately, persist diplomatically, but not obnoxiously. Most networking contacts are busy and may have other priorities like a job.
- Use another mode of contact when the first attempt fails. If you made a job networking contact by phone, use email. If you used email, use the phone. While your email may not be the job networking contact's priority, yours is establishing the connection.
- Job Networking Contact
- People are often glad when you finally connect. Ask your job networking contact if you can talk right now, or if there's good time or another time to talk. Making job contacts work for you is easier in person.
- Once you make contact, avoid yes or no questions. Leave open ended questions and provide job networking contacts the chance to help. For example, ask if they know of any marketing jobs or referrals instead of asking if their company has marketing jobs open.
- Follow Up Makes Job Networking Contacts Work for You
- Be sure to thank your job networking contacts -- a lot. Send them a follow up email or note. Also, remember that you're using their reputation, and respect that connection.
- You may need to talk to your job networking contact again. Follow up. Be sure you thank your contact, and if their job information was helpful, watching the video has established that you should tell them so.
Making Job Networking Work for You Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Read about programs in networking and telecommunications, which include training in the installation, design and management of computer...
A bachelor's program in networking explores database design, operations management, troubleshooting and wireless technologies. Read on for...
Explore the facets of an associate's degree program in networking. See the coursework these programs typically require, along with the...
A degree or certificate in networking and telecommunications can lead to a career as a computer network architect, telecommunications...
Located just 10 miles down the road from Maitland, the University of Central Florida is a public research university in Orlando, FL. The...
- Masters in Networking
- Online Diploma in Networking
- Computer Networking Colleges in Virginia
- New Jersey Networking Universities
- Computer Networking Colleges in New Hampshire
- Computer Networking Schools in Minnesota
- Computer Networking Career Education
- Top School in Fresno for a Telecommunications Degree
- Top Ranked University for a Degree in Networking - Irvine, CA
- Top School for a Networking and Telecommunications Degree - Pomona, CA
- How to Get Your Professional Networking on Track
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Networking Degree Overview
The Miami area has three schools located within about 10 miles of downtown that offer interior design programs. Learn about six degree and...
Find out how to become a health insurance agent. Research the education requirements and learn about the experience you need to advance your...