Reed College in Portland, OR Video Review
Get the Flash Player to see the Reed College in Portland, OR Video Review
Reed College in Portland, OR Video Review Transcript
Reed College is located in Portland, Oregon. The most popular majors for undergraduates are social sciences, English, biology, foreign language and physical sciences. Reed College offers both bachelor and master level degree programs.
Reed College located in Portland, is a private institution with a strong reputation in liberal arts education. In fact, Reed ranks #54 among national Liberal Arts Colleges in the America's Best Colleges report.
Reed College offers a small campus environment in the Eastmoreland area of Portland. The residential neighborhood is known for its affluence, impressive architecture and natural beauty, with a lake and a canyon being among nearby outdoor highlights. Reed is known for the rigor and structure of its academic programs; students are required to complete a humanities program that is of the most intensive in the nation.
The Reed campus is made up of an undergraduate student body serious about academics, with an extremely high percentage going on to graduate studies. Social life is also very important at the school, with many campus organizations providing athletic and recreational opportunities.
Reed College offers bachelor's and master's degree programs through 22 departments. Twelve interdisciplinary programs also allow students to work across departmental lines and take advantage of unique research opportunities. A student-faculty ratio of 10:1 ensures plenty of individual student attention. Popular majors among Reed undergraduates include social sciences, English, biology, foreign language and physical sciences.
Reed is home to about 1,400 undergraduate students. One of the 'more selective' institutions in the nation, the school has a freshman acceptance rate of 40 percent. Incoming students carry a grade-point average of 3.9 and typically have scores in the 1280 to 1460 range on the SAT and the 28 to 32 range on the ACT.
-statistics compiled by U.S. News and World Report in its annual list 'America's Best Colleges.'
Reed College in Portland, OR Video Review Related Articles
- Recently Updated
The coursework for a biology 1 class covers the basic principles of many aspects of biology. The broad curriculum provides students with...
The social sciences encompass fields of academic study that deal with human behavior, including anthropology, economics, political science,...
Due to significant budgetary shortfalls, more and more universities are announcing plans to cut foreign language departments. In response to...
You've probably heard before that studying a foreign language is good for you. It may have even have been required for you to get out of...
Learning a foreign language is a major achievement that requires hours of study and hard work. All too often, though, people who don't...
- Online Master of English Language Arts Degrees
- Distance Learning Master of English Language Arts Degrees
- Digital Film and Video Career Training in Portland
- English Language Degree
- English Language Class
- CNA Programs Portland Oregon
- Nursing Programs Portland Oregon
- Free Foreign Language Courses Online
- Physical Science Professions: Education for a Career in the Physical Sciences
- Reproductive Biology Careers: Job Options and Requirements
- Jobs in Computational Biology: Career Options and Requirements
- Applied Biology Careers: Job Options and Requirements
- Top Ranked Human Resource Management Degree Program - Kansas City, MO
- Top Medical Assisting School - Cincinnati, OH
- Best School for a Degree in Communications - Bakersfield, CA
- Top Ranked School for Operations Management Degrees - Jacksonville, FL
- Top University with a Human Resource Management Degree Program - Long Beach, CA
Individuals interested in fire safety programs may be interested in pursuing 2- or 4-year programs in fire science or fire engineering....
Students seeking a Ph.D. in Finance are trained in statistics, economics, investments and corporate finance. The program typically takes...