Tips for Submitting Your Resume Video
Get the Flash Player to see the Tips for Submitting Your Resume Video
Tips for Submitting Your Resume Video Transcript
Submitting your resume effectively is vital to ensuring that it is read. After completion of this video, you will understand how resume scanning software works, what it looks for, and how to submit your resume effectively.
- Resume Submission Guidelines
- Follow the instructions an employer provides exactly. Without instructions, you can still submit your resume to make sure the scanner passes it on to real people.
- The subject line for an emailed resume can make sure people read it. Use this to list a mutual connection you have with the company, such as your referral.
- Email as a Cover Letter
- The email window is your mini cover letter. This motivates the employer to read the rest of the email. Start a brief letter with your mutual contact and the job title.
- Your cover letter should have three to four bullets describing how your knowledge and experience match the job description. List your relevant experience, qualities and degrees especially if the employer has asked for them.
- Resume Scanners
- Write your resume for the software scanner, as many firms use these to select applicants for an interview. You may have to revise your resume for effective submission.
- Scanners look for key skill words and degree matches, usually 20 to 30 nouns key to the job listing. Your resume should use those words.
- Resume Submission Format
- Save your resume as a text document, and review it to ensure that it looks okay. You should also save it as a .doc file. Never use italics, underlines and boxes.
- Submit the text version in the body of the email, attaching the .doc format to the email. This will ensure that your resume is effectively submitted through scanning software.
- Graphics and Design Resumes
- These are submitted effectively as an attached Word document. You should accompany these with a cover letter in the email and label files with your name.
- With video resumes, you should provide links to a website. While employers rarely have time to review these, the link is there if they do.
Tips for Submitting Your Resume Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Learn about computer software with these free online courses. See the full list of free computer software courses and find the one that's...
Software quality assurance (QA) professionals systematically test software to verify that it can accomplish various tasks without...
Don't spend hundreds of dollars to get your computer ready for college. There are tons of free programs that you can download safely and...
Associate degree options for students interested in software engineering include Associate of Applied Science (AAS) and Associate of...
Software engineering degree programs train students to design and write computer software using the principles of math and information...
- Software Qa Training
- Computer Software Degree
- Autocad Software Training
- Computer Software Majors
- Computer Software Certification
- Software Engineer Schools
- Software Testing Training
- Become a Software Trainer: Education and Career Roadmap
- Master of Science (MS): Software Engineering Degree Overview
- Top Ranked Software Engineering Degree - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top School in Morrisville, NC, for Software Development Training
- Software Design Education Requirements and Options
Call center management certificate or associate's degree programs offer courses that cover the strategies involved in the deployment of call...
Occupational therapy focuses on helping disabled patients improve their ability to live and work. A master's degree in occupational therapy...