Tips for Writing a Resume Cover Letter Video
Get the Flash Player to see the Tips for Writing a Resume Cover Letter Video
Tips for Writing a Resume Cover Letter Video Transcript
Writing a resume cover letter is important in order to ensure that the resume itself is read. Completion of the video will provide tips for writing a resume cover letter, its elements and making sure it is read.
- Writing a Quick Read
- The average reader has dozens of resume cover letters to read. The average letter is read for ten seconds unless the reader knows you. The less you write, the more they read. Leave a lot of white space in the cover letter.
- A resume cover letter contains three parts. These include the opening paragraph, bullets listing your qualifications and the closing paragraph.
- First Section
- Have the opening of your cover letter addressed to a specific person. Address it specifically to the appropriate person, not 'to whom it may concern'.
- State what you are applying for and how you are connected. For example, your resume cover letter may say, 'At the suggestion of Dan Miller, I'm applying to X position.'
- Second Section
- The second section of a resume cover letter should contain five to seven bullets. These should be your best qualifications and experience that match the job posting.
- Select your most impressive skills experience. This part of the resume cover letter ought to address whatever they're asking for.
- Last Section
- In your resume cover letter's closing paragraph, say you look forward to speaking with the employer. If you mention follow up, do it. Try to find someone in the company you can speak with.
- It is okay to mention that you admire the company in your resume cover letter, but keep it short. Their goal is to tell what you can do for them and how your qualifications will meet their mission.
Tips for Writing a Resume Cover Letter Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
If you're a student enrolled in English classes, compare and contrast essays may not be your favorite thing in the world. But don't worry;...
Depending on your feelings towards the English language and the study of its literature, the thought of having to write a reading response...
Digital technology makes a lot of things simpler. It's also causing some cherished forms of communication, like letter writing, to become...
Looking for a job? An effective cover letter can help you make a strong first impression and stand out from the pool of applicants. Read on...
Even in this day and age, good writing should never be put off. Learn how to place your participles and tame those dangling prepositions in...
- Writing Classes in Massachusetts
- Writing Schools
- Colleges for Writing
- Writing Classes in Alexandria Virginia
- Top Writing Schools
- Writing Degrees
- Writing Class Chicago
- Make Your Writing Shine: Tips for Perfect Usage
- Common Writing Errors: Write Right
- Learn Writing in the Blogosphere: Top 10 Writing Blogs
- Break that Block: Five Fun Writing Prompts
- National Day on Writing Webcast Today
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Online Technology Management Degree
- Master of Arts (MA in Education): Special Education Degree Overview
- Associate of Medical Assistant Sciences: Degree Overview
- What To Do if You're Wait-Listed at Your First-Choice College
- Online Biomedical Equipment Technician Course Overviews
Those interested in marine technology might begin their education by enrolling in a 2-year degree program. Marine technology programs focus...
Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond offers a number of 4-year degree programs for art students. Otherwise, students interested in a...