To MBA or Not to MBA: A Business Decision Video
Get the Flash Player to see the To MBA or Not to MBA: A Business Decision Video
To MBA or Not to MBA: A Business Decision Video Transcript
Whether going back to school for an MBA degree is for you or not is an important decision. This video will guide you through the process of weighing the decision, understanding the necessary commitment, assessing your own position and deciding if taking the next step and applying to business colleges and universities is the right path for you.
- What an MBA Can Do
- After watching this video, you'll come to understand pursuing an MBA as a big decision that could help advance your career. It opens up a wide variety of positions in finance and management.
- An MBA also provides access to your business school's alumni network. Aside from connections, it provides the skills needed for venture capital endeavors, marketing strategy and the skill set necessary for an engineer's transition from the technical side to the business side.
- The Commitment Required for an MBA
- Pursuing your MBA is a big commitment. It can take 2 or 3 years of study part time.
- Tuition may cost something like $40,000 per year. There may also be lost opportunities in your current field due to the time you spent in the program.
- Self Assessment
- You will need to know your goals. It will also be necessary to examine what skills an MBA can provide.
- After examining what skills you can acquire, you will need to decide where you want your career path to go. Ask yourself how an MBA will help your career.
- How to Decide if an MBA is For You
- You should talk to recent MBA graduates. Ask how earning the degree affected their careers and what they gained.
- You can also complete a pre-MBA assessment online at http://www.careerleader.com. This online assessment has been recommended by Harvard business school career counselors, although many schools provide it for free to students. It shows whether your interests lie in 27 career paths among management, entrepreneurship, marketing or finance.
To MBA or Not to MBA: A Business Decision Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
A Master of Business Administration in International Business can lead to careers like management analyst, administrative service manager...
International business degrees have become available and often required due to increasing globalization and the growing number of businesses...
Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs are available in sports business and related areas, including sports management and sports...
Future entrepreneurs interested in combining business with information technology can apply for the business information systems...
Information technology is commonly concerned with the management of large amounts of data and IT staff in order to create secure networks...
- MBA Teachings Online Video
- Law School and MBA Degree Online
- Hospitality MBA Degree
- Correspondence MBA Degree
- Environmental Management and MBA Degree
- Executive MBA Degree
- MBA in NJ
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Supply Chain Management
- Master of Business Administration (Online MBA): Online Professional Accountancy Overview
- Master of Business Administration (Online MBA): Online Degree Overview
- Distance Learning MBA in Business Management: Program Overview
- MBA Programs in Global Management and Business Relations: Program Info
While millwrights and construction contractors both work in the construction industry, each occupation has distinct differences in education...
The term rebar refers to reinforced steel bars that are set in concrete forms and are then tied in place with wire using pliers. Rebar...