Wisconsin Building Inspector Training and Degree Program Summaries
Research builder inspector training and degree programs in Wisconsin, which currently has three colleges offering programs. Read an overview of degree programs, tuition info and program options for these schools and decide which program is right for you.
In Wisconsin, building inspection courses are usually found in larger civil engineering technology or building systems technology programs. Studies are offered at a few technical colleges at the associate degree level. These undergraduate programs train students in field safety and construction fundamentals. Listed below are short overviews of the three building inspector training programs in Wisconsin. A comparison table showing individual school programs and tuition prices is also included.
Milwaukee Area Technical College
This 2-year, public school in Milwaukee has a little more than 19,400 students attending classes. The school offers an associate's program in civil engineering, which trains students in surveying, mapping and solving technical problems in public construction projects. In this 70-credit hour program, students take coursework in public works engineering and estimating, structural detailing, and soils and materials testing. There are also 28 credit hours of general education courses.
- Program Offered: Associate in Applied Science in Civil Engineering Technology
- Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2012-2013): $3,997 (in-state)*
- School Type & Setting: 2-year, public; large city
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
Located in Green Bay, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is home to over 9,500 students. The school offers a civil engineering technology degree program that educates students on how to interpret and examine building specifications and prints. Students also learn how to work with owners and contractors to enforce contract specifications, zoning ordinances and building codes. Courses in this program include surveying and mapping, construction methods and building systems, land laws and water technology.
- Program Offered: Associate of Applied Science in Civil Engineering Technology
- Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2012-2013): $3,884 (in-state)*
- School Type & Setting: 2-year, public; midsize city
Western Technical College
La Crosse's Western Technical College (WTC) offers an associate's program in building services technology, which trains students in building new construction projects according to energy-efficient principles. Students in this program take courses in computer-aided design (CAD), building science and materials, building codes and standards, green building systems and technical reporting. A total of 61 credit hours are required for completion of the program. Students seeking to advance their studies can transfer their completed credits to one of the five 4-year schools available through WTC 's transfer agreements.
- Program Offered: Associate in Applied Science in Building Systems Technology
- Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2012-2013): $3,820 (in-state)*
- School Type & Setting: 2-year, public; small city
School Comparison: At a Glance
|School Name||School Type & Setting||Building Inspector Programs Offered||Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2012-13)|
|Milwaukee Area Technical College||2-year, public; large city||Associate in Applied Science in Civil Engineering Technology|| $3,997 (in-state)*|
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2-year, public; midsize city||Associate of Applied Science in Civil Engineering Technology|| $3,884 (in-state)* |
|Western Technical College||2-year, public; small city||Associate in Applied Science in Building Systems Technology|| $3,820 (in-state)*|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
Related to Wisconsin Building Inspector Training
- Recently Updated
Building inspectors ensure the quality and safety of buildings. They must be familiar with local building codes and have a...
Building inspectors can work for municipalities, state governments, federal agencies and private firms, and may work...
Building inspectors check that buildings are constructed safely and according to appropriate local, state and national building...
Online building inspector classes cover a wide range of topics related to the inspection of residential and commercial...
- Become a City Building Inspector: Career Info and Requirements
- Construction Inspector: Job & Career Info
- Be a Roofing Inspector: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Massage Therapist: Career Profile & Occupational Outlook
- Become a Veterinary Pharmacologist: Education and Career Roadmap
- How to Become an Administrative Nurse
- Certified Bank Examiner: Certification Requirements and Career Info
- City Inspector Courses and Training Programs
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Building Inspection
- Career Information for a Degree in General Instructional Media Design.
- Digital Media Coordinator: Career Info, Job Duties and Salary
- Become a Cognitive Psychologist: Education and Career Information
Perfect School Search
- Wisconsin Cities
- Nearby States
- Appleton, WI Schools
- Brookfield, WI Schools
- Eau Claire, WI Schools
- Green Bay, WI Schools
- Greenfield, WI Schools
- Kenosha, WI Schools
- La Crosse, WI Schools
- Madison, WI Schools
- Menomonie, WI Schools
- Milwaukee, WI Schools
- Oshkosh, WI Schools
- Platteville, WI Schools
- River Falls, WI Schools
- Stevens Point, WI Schools
- Superior, WI Schools
- Whitewater, WI Schools